Superior Taste Award for TATRATEA 52%23.4.2010, Bruxelles
TATRATEA 52% has won a prize at the international competition ITQI - Superior Taste Award – receiving one star. This award can be compared to its gastronomic counterpart Michelin. The competition’s venue was Brussels , where 120 world’s best sommeliers and chefs gathered to taste different products.
Below are 6 criteria the TATRATEA had to pass, successfully accomplishing this task, while attaining almost 80% of total percentage points assigned by the judges .
- overall impression (aspect)
- first impression
- design/ bottle (amazing 98%)
- smell (olfaction)
- lingering taste and smell after tasting (retro-olfaction)
The Juries of the International Taste & Quality Institute - iTQi - are unique in the world because selected on an exclusive partnership with prestigious culinary organisations, the Association de la Sommellerie Internationale (ASI) and other highly regarded drink experts.
These judges, carefully selected by iTQi and these organisations, have been trained for long years to taste food products. They have exercised their profession in Europe but also, in countries as diversified as Japan, China, Thailand, Australia, North, Central and South America. They are passionate and enthusiast of continuously discover new flavours, unknown products whatever their origin.
Judges are chosen for their:
* extended practice in tasting
* unanimously recognized talents as Chefs or Sommeliers by guides such as Michelin or Gault Millau
* exceptionnal expertise
* capacity to describe gustatory features of food & drink products
* ability to suggest potential improvements within the framework of sensory analysis, which is the essence of their profession.
These information supplied by iTQi are very looked-after by participating companies in order to analyse the results of the tests in details. Graphs and sensory analysis reports are precious tools for the R&D;and Quality Control Managers who are in search for independent and documented opinion by taste professionals. These information are also used by Sales Managers in their business negotiations.
In order to optimize the objectivity of the test, iTQi organizes its tests :
* eliminating any interference between the jury members
* presenting products on a blind basis
* organising large jury panels. iTQi is the organisation that simultaneously gathers the largest number of international professional tasters that has contributed to build the value and prestige of the Superior Taste Award worldwide.